The Mannum Hotel was built in 1869, originally known as the Bogan until 1886, offered lodgings and food for travellers from the River Boats, to salespeople and itinerant workers seeking employment along the Murray River.
In 1984, due to faster modes of travel and government regulations, it was no longer viable to offer these services and the availability of lodgings at the hotel ceased.
Lodgings returned to the Mannum Hotel in 2001. The tourism boom created a need for clean and comfortable rooms for all travellers.
Extensive renovation work was done to bring the accommodation area to a high standard.
There are 14 older style rooms, single and double.
Guests can view the passing river traffic from the balcony outside their room.
Off-street parking is provided for guests cars.
c. 1923 photograph of the Hotel (with the reddish roof) taken from the cliffs